Hello, fellow UG!
If you wish to chat with Misfit Elves anonymously, you may use Chatzy’s Quick Chat feature. It
- is free,
- requires no registration or personal information,
- allows you to choose an anonymous alias, and
- allows you to chat with one, multiple or all of Misfit Elves’ members, provided someone is online at that time.
It’s fairly simple to use. Here is a detailed tutorial on how to use the Quick Chat feature if you wish to chat with us.
Step 1: Go to www.chatzy.com from your browser.
Step 2: Choose an alias for yourself and type it into the “Your name” textbox.
- If you want to talk to anyone of the members, simply type in the group email id (iiscug.help[at]gmail.com, replace [at] with @).
- If you wish to speak to a specific person, type in his/her email id.
- If you wish to speak to multiple people, type in their email ids separated by commas.
You can find a list of our email ids here: https://misfitelves.wordpress.com/contact/
(Note: The more people you invite, the greater are the chances that at least one of them is online!)
Step 4: Click on “Create my chat” and wait. It may take a while before one of us notices their phone and joins the chat, but we promise we’ll try our best to reply ASAP!
Step 5: You will be notified when someone joins the chat (keep an eye on the page or at the tab header while you browse stuff on other tabs). Begin chatting and pour your heart out. 🙂
If you used the group email id or invited multiple people, some other Misfit Elves member may soon join while you are chatting with the first person. Do wave a hello!
Step 6: Click on “Leave Room” on the left panel when you are done. It was nice talking to you! 🙂
This is the best way to chat anonymously that we have come across. Earlier, we refrained from using chatrooms because they don’t notify when someone sends a new message. Moreover, this method seems superior because chats here are separate and independent unlike those in a chatroom.
If you have any suggestion on how this method can be improved, or any suggestion at all, feel free to contact us. Take care! 🙂